Tennessee Rand is an OEM systems integrator specializing in tooling and robotic welding / material handling applications, with emphasis in the automotive sector. We are currently looking for an Application Engineer with experience processing, concepting and quoting robotic welding and material handling solutions, dedicated welding and assembly machines.
- Evaluate technical content of potential projects and develop concepts for processing the required application.
- Determine the feasibility of applications (welding or other) and complete application tasks in a timely manner.
- Accurate estimating of the costs of material and labor required to produce the application in a profitable manner.
- Estimate process, machinery and operator load/unload cycle times
- Generating and reviewing quotations for content and accuracy
- Provide process expertise for sales and customer support
- Generate and present technical presentations to customers
- BS degree in Engineering (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of experience with automation equipment and tooling
- 3+ years of experience with robotic welding (arc, laser, resistance) and material handling applications
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook)
- Demonstrated skills with technical writing, communication, and customer relations
- Self motivated, able to act independently, and set and manage priorities
- Adaptability in handling changes
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Health and dental insurance
- 401K retirement savings plan
- Vacation and company paid holidays
- Tuition Assistance